RE: v 5.4 - from Dave Mann

Kevin,

I'm not sure I fully understand the extent of your concerns with
respect to listing organizational affiliation.  Are you concerned that
even with an "informational purposes only" disclaimer, that some
readers might misinterpret the document as being sponsored by the
affiliated organization?  Would you be uncomfortable (or would it be
administratively difficult) signing a document and listing your
organization, even if the document has a disclaimer?  What about
others who have similar concerns?

Spaf, you suggested that some companies could make separate official
statements.  If we can do that, it seems like that reduces (somewhat)
the importance of listing affiliations on an "experts" letter - at
least for those who aren't comfortable doing so.  Also, it seems like
there won't be a high percentage of people who would be unable to list
their affiliation (assuming a disclaimer).  So if we have 100
signatures, 90 of which list an organizational affiliation, I don't
see that reducing the impact of the statement too much.  On the other
hand, I do appreciate the, um, utility of naming such a well-known
organization as Cisco.  But if it comes down to a choice between "no
Cisco and no Kevin Ziese" or "Kevin Ziese but no Cisco," personally
I'd choose the latter ;-)