INTERIM DECISION: ACCEPT 5 SA category candidates (Final 9/28)

I have made an Interim Decision to ACCEPT the following 5 SA category
candidates.  These candidates all have to do with active services that
either have design flaws, or are useful for information gathering
activities.  Each is either a universal vulnerability or an exposure
according to the DEFINITION content decision.  Thanks to Steve
Northcutt for modifying his initial REJECT votes so that we can be
certain to include at least some exposures in the initial CVE.

I will make a Final Decision on September 28.

- Steve

=================================
Candidate: CAN-1999-0612
Published:
Final-Decision:
Interim-Decision: 19990925
Modified: 19990924-01
Proposed: 19990721
Assigned: 19990607
Category: SA
Reference: XF:finger-out
Reference: XF:finger-running

The finger service is running.

Modifications:
  ADDREF XF:finger-out
  ADDREF XF:finger-running

VOTES:
   ACCEPT(4) Wall, Northcutt, Baker, Ozancin
   MODIFY(1) Frech

COMMENTS:
 Frech> XF:finger-out
 Frech> XF:finger-running

=================================
Candidate: CAN-1999-0624
Published:
Final-Decision:
Interim-Decision: 19990925
Modified: 19990924-01
Proposed: 19990721
Assigned: 19990607
Category: SA
Reference: XF:rstat-out
Reference: XF:rstatd

The rstat/rstatd service is running.

Modifications:
  ADDREF XF:rstat-out
  ADDREF XF:rstatd

VOTES:
   ACCEPT(3) Northcutt, Baker, Ozancin
   MODIFY(1) Frech
   NOOP(1) Wall

COMMENTS:
 Frech> XF:rstat-out
 Frech> XF:rstatd

=================================
Candidate: CAN-1999-0626
Published:
Final-Decision:
Interim-Decision: 19990925
Modified: 19990924-01
Proposed: 19990721
Assigned: 19990607
Category: SA
Reference: XF:rusersd
Reference: XF:ruser

The rusers/rusersd service is running.

Modifications:
  ADDREF XF:rusersd
  ADDREF XF:ruser

VOTES:
   ACCEPT(3) Northcutt, Baker, Ozancin
   MODIFY(1) Frech
   NOOP(1) Wall

COMMENTS:
 Frech> XF:rusersd
 Frech> XF:ruser

=================================
Candidate: CAN-1999-0627
Published:
Final-Decision:
Interim-Decision: 19990925
Modified: 19990924-01
Proposed: 19990721
Assigned: 19990607
Category: SA
Reference: XF:rexd

The rexd service is running.

Modifications:
  ADDREF XF:rexd

VOTES:
   ACCEPT(4) Wall, Northcutt, Baker, Ozancin
   MODIFY(1) Frech

COMMENTS:
 Frech> XF:rexd

=================================