Re: CD PROPOSAL: DEFINITION - Interim Decision 8/23

I'm afraid I will have to adopt the same position for the same reason :-(

Gene Spafford <spaf@CS.PURDUE.EDU> on 08/18/99 02:14:36

Please respond to spaf@CS.PURDUE.EDU

To:   "Steven M. Christey" <coley@LINUS.MITRE.ORG>
cc:   cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org (bcc: Marc
      Dacier/Zurich/IBM)

Subject:  Re: CD PROPOSAL: DEFINITION - Interim Decision 8/23

FYI, I am not going to vote on any of these because:
1) I have not been following the discussions very closely in recent weeks
2) I'm still back at the point where I feel that the definition of
"vulnerability" is not well thought out.   This project has the
potential to change the way people use the term (as "hacker" has
changed meaning through excessive popular use), and I am concerned
that the rush to get something out may result in muddying the waters
for those of us seeking precision in our definitions.

--spaf