Re: CD PROPOSAL: SYSCON (Interim Decision 8/24)

"Steven M. Christey" wrote:

> VOTE: (Not voting yet)

> (Member may vote ACCEPT, MODIFY, REJECT, or NOOP.)
>
> Short Description
> -----------------
>
> All content decisions and individual CVE vulnerabilities must be
> considered in light of system administrators and security analysts,
> who are the ultimate beneficiaries of the CVE.

Steve:

It's possible that I wouldn't have to ask this question if I'd kept up on the
CVE mail better, so apologies if that's so.  I don't have a clear
understanding of how this principle would be applied to actual cases, and the
rationale below doesn't get me there.  Could you throw out a few candidate
numbers that would be affected by this decision, so I can think about it in a
more concrete context?

Stuart.

--
Stuart Staniford-Chen --- President --- Silicon Defense
                   stuart@silicondefense.com