Re: PROPOSAL: Cluster 27 - VERIFY-TOOL (7 candidates)

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 09:35:04PM -0400, Steven M. Christey wrote:

| Candidate: CAN-1999-0248
| Published:
| Final-Decision:
| Interim-Decision:
| Modified:
| Announced: 19990728
| Assigned: 19990607
| Category: SF
|
| sshd 1.2.17 can be compromised through the SSH protocol.
|

| VOTE: modify http://oliver.efri.hr/~crv/security/bugs/mUNIXes/ssh2.html
looks to me to be about the correct message that came from Tatu.
There are comments in changelog: * Improved the security of
auth_input_request_forwarding().

I'm not in favor of moving this forward without additional detail, but
thought I'd add a confirming URL and comment.  We have insufficient
detail to accept it as a CVE.

Adam