RE: The nomenclature process in other fields

At 11:54 AM -0400 5/19/99, Craig Ozancin wrote:
> > enumeration != taxonomy
>
>True, But can we draw parallels between the two?

My former student, Ivan Krsul, had a long explanation about the
difference between the two in his Ph.D. thesis.   Basically, we don't
have underlying morphological or ontological structures identified
that will allow us to come up with an unambiguous taxonomy at this
time.   An enumeration is about the best we can hope for without
further research and insight into the nature of vulnerabilities (and
the policies on which they depend).

--spaf