assignment question

There is some software, part of the installation is a web
server/application.  On initial install, the web application is
configured with a default password.  Upon first login, the user is
required to change the password, create new accounts(s), along with
other first-time setup configuration activities.

IOW, if I obtain and install this software and walk away before
completing the first-time setup, I've left myself exposed.

This is *barely* a vulnerability in my book, assuming there are
sufficient warnings and documentation informing the user about the need
to run the first-time setup.

CVE or no CVE?

Thanks,

 - Art

My answer is a weak "yes" with as low a severity/priority as possible.

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: December 12, 2018