[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Agenda for the CVE Board Meeting - May 2, 2018

CVE Board Members –


Here is the agenda for today’s CVE Board meeting. Should be a short call as we had a Board meeting last week as well. Please feel free to raise additional topics for discussion in reply to this email or on the call.








2:00 – 2:10: Introductions, action items from the last meeting – Chris Coffin

  • Previous Action Item: Send email to the Board list to get opinions on a potential Charter update in regards to opening WG participation to anyone, not just Board members and CNAs. Is a Charter update needed to describe this or does the Board feel this is already implied
    • Status: Sent email on 5/2.
  • Previous Action Item: MITRE to talk to Kurt about DWF resources and helping him where needed.
    • Status: Will setup meeting this week or next.
  • Previous Action Item: Jonathan and Chris to discuss getting the Board some of the raw data that informs CNA report cards.
    • Status: Done
  • Previous Action Item: MITRE will send an email to the Board to ask them for input in regards to the value of assigning CVE IDs for older vulnerabilities or vulnerabilities that will never be patched.
    • Status: Not yet done.
  • Previous Action Item: MITRE will communicate with the CNAs about the tagging of reserved CVE IDs with the CNA name. The pros and cons of tagging or not tagging will also be included and CNAs will be encouraged to add their thoughts and concerns.
    • Status: Not yet done.


2:10 – 2:30: Working Groups 

  • Strategic Planning – Chris Coffin
  • Automation – Chris Johnson, Dave Waltermire

2:30 – 2:50: CNA Update

  • DWF – Kurt Seifried
  • MITRE – Jonathan Evans, Nick Caron

2:50 – 3:15: Takeaways from RSA Conference – Joe Sain

3:15 – 3:30: Board Charter Update Status and Next Steps – Chris Coffin

3:30 – 3:50: Open Discussion

3:50 – 4:00: Action items, wrap-up – Chris Coffin


Page Last Updated or Reviewed: May 02, 2018