Re: Working Group Participants Question

Imho, no charter changes needed.

Let’s not create work for ourselves for an edge case.  If someone is the right person to help on a working group, that’s great.  Let them help.

Scott

On May 2, 2018, at 11:06 AM, Coffin, Chris <ccoffin@mitre.org> wrote:

CVE Board Members,

In the last two Board meetings there was discussion about whether language was needed in the Board charter (or working group charters) to state specifically who can and cannot participate in the working groups. My recollection is that when the first WGs were created, the intent was for the WGs to be open to anyone in the community who showed interest, and not just Board members or CNAs. The question being proposed here is in regards to whether a charter update is needed to include this language. As it stands today, the Board charter (and working group charters) do not address who can or cannot participate.

Board members present during the 4/25 conference call felt that we could move forward with the prior intent without an update to the charters. If you feel differently and believe that this language should be added to the charter or charters now, please reply with your reasons or concerns before the end of the day on Friday 5/4.

Regards,

Chris