From: Waltermire, David A. (Fed) [mailto:david.waltermire@nist.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:08 PM
To: Coffin, Chris <ccoffin@mitre.org>; cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: Agenda for CVE Board Meeting Wednesday, 15 November 2017

I will likely not be able to make this call due to travel. As a result here is a quick status on my action items.

Due to travel, I haven't made as much progress on reviewing the CNA rules as I had hoped. I do plan to complete this review soon and will send comments to the list once I have completed this work.

Regarding developing a list of CNAs that have quality issues, I never intended to do this. Instead, I suggested that I would work with the NVD team to identify and raise issues with the board as issues are found. I will do this on an ongoing basis to highlight quality issues that affect down stream use of CVE information. It might be worth identifying a more robust mechanism for others to identify similar issues to allow for a more robust feedback mechanism. This may be worth discussing on a board call at some point.

Regards,

Dave