Bastille and Comcast CVE IDs

We looked at the 26 CVE IDs related to Bastille.io's CableTap research:

https://github.com/BastilleResearch/CableTap/tree/master/doc/advisories

A handful seem to be exploits or impacts of other vulnerabilities, but
not vulnerabilities warranting CVE IDs.

Here is one example:

https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2017-9496

The Comcast firmware on Motorola MX011ANM (firmware version
MX011AN_2.9p6s1_PROD_sey) devices allows physically proximate attackers
to access an SNMP server by connecting a cable to the Ethernet port,
and then establishing communication with the device's link-local IPv6
address.

Does running an SNMP service get a CVE ID?

Another example:

CVE-2017-9480 is one possible impact (attacker can download config
file) of CVE-2017-9479 (syseventd running as root listening on some
local networks).

I was considering submitting a pull request with a bunch of status
REJECT or DISPUTED, then thought I'd solicit other opinions first.

Regards,

 - Art

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: September 29, 2017