Re: Question about robots.txt

On 13/05/17 01:55 AM, jericho wrote:

> On Thu, 11 May 2017, Coffin, Chris wrote:
>
> : > That said, after Kurt's mail in December of 2015... in the last ~
> 30 -
> : 60 days, I noticed that MITRE finally changed that. Google is now
> : indexing and caching the CVE pages.
> :
> : We made the change to allow indexing back in Feb of 2016, which was
> : few months after Kurt had pointed out the issue. We apologize to
> all for
>
> Something I cannot prove, because I don't screenshot my daily
> "missing
> CVE" searches as far as Google results go. But I would swear this is
> not
> the case. We'll have to agree you have your official statement, and I
> have
> my 'anecdotal' evidence as someone who searches on new/missing CVE
> IDs
> every day.

Nope, archive.org has their robots.txt going back to 2001 with pretty
much daily records:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/cve.mitre.org/robots.txt

> : not replying to the original thread at that time. Dan also
> mentioned the
> : same in a response to you back in April of this year
> :
> (http://common-vulnerabilities-and-exposures-cve-board.1128451.n5.nabble.com/Re-CVENEW-New-CVE-CANs-2017-04-23-19-00-count-1-td722.html#a727).
>
> You see, I don't have to read that. Kurt mailed in Dec 2015, you say
> Dan
> replied to me in April 2017. Use your numbers. My point stands about
> MITRE's promise of following up.

You can check archive.org to see the exact day it changed.

PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993
Red Hat Product Security contact: secalert@redhat.com