Re: Hidden Microsoft CVEs And No Answers

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017, Carsten Eiram wrote:

: It has now been 6 business days, and I have still not received an
: answer. Historically, Microsoft have otherwise been good at
responding
: quickly to such requests.

The last 45 days of dealing with Microsoft has been extremely
disappointing for me as well. When contacting them twice about random
CVEs
they assigned in 2016 and then seemingly removed from advisories, and
then
when questioning the affected products in Jan 17 patch releases,
answers
are not forthcoming. It is taking them days to ack the mail, then weeks
follow-up. In some cases it was a 4+ week process to resolve the
questions. Right now, I still have two requests outstanding, one CVE
related.

: I'd appreciate if Microsoft could shed some light on this.

As Carsten notes, this is a turnaround from how responsive Microsoft
used
to be even mid to late last year. Something has changed inside MSRC
clearly.

.b

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: March 27, 2017