RE: New Researcher guidelines

Along with most of the documents available in Github and on the CVE web site, I share the opinion that the Researcher Reservation Guidelines is still a WIP. However, based on the current processing of requests we felt that the document should be more broadly accessible and should be published on the CVE web site. Even in its current form, the document can serve to answer questions that the community (specifically researchers) might have when going through the process.

We will continue to update the document when useful feedback is received, and we can continue to receive this feedback via Github as well. How we go about notifying the Board of these changes is probably something we should discuss in a future Board call. For example, would the Board want to approve minor updates, or just major items such as changes to the steps in question, etc?

Chris

From: Landfield, Kent B [mailto:kent.b.landfield@intel.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 12:34 PM
To: Coffin, Chris <ccoffin@mitre.org>; cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: New Researcher guidelines

Sorry, I am confused. You put something on github, ask a question and give the impression it is a work in progress (WIP) and then post it as a completed policy with no notification to the Board?  I think there should have been some notification a WIP to a policy/public guideline was occurring.  It does not appear the CNAs were notified via the mailing list.  I did not find anything on the CNA list.  It affects them. Did they get sent something out-of-band?

I can provide feedback by then.  I guess I will need to review every single WIP document on github...

---

Kent Landfield

+1.817.637.8026