Re: CNA Rules Announcement

Chris,

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016, Coffin, Chris wrote:

: On Monday, October 10th, all CNAs should be assigning CVE IDs based
on the new CNA rules listed here:
:
: <http://cveproject.github.io/docs/cna/CNA%20Rules%20v1.1.docx>

Just to be clear, does this mean MITRE has reached out to all of the
current CNAs and informed them of the new rules?

: As you use these new rules, please feel free to share any feedback
you
: might have with the rest of the CNA community and MITRE. We would
like
: to understand what is working and what isn't so that the rules evolve
: meet the needs of the program and so that additional guidance and
: training can be developed based on what we collectively learn.  You
can
: share your feedback through the cve-cna-list mailing list or directly
: MITRE through the CVE Web Form.

How should we approach CNAs that are violating these rules, via a
long-term string of violations regarding an assignment. For example,
IBM
has been using CVE-2014-8730 for their products despite the early
change
in the entry from MITRE specifically designating it for F5 products
only.
I have contacted IBM half a dozen times over the last year or more
pointing out examples of this. Their most recent mis-use of this CVE
was
on Sep 19 (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21390112).
Moving forward, if they continue to mis-use 2014-8730, what is the best
course of action since contacting them doesn't seem to help?

Thanks,

Brian

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 10, 2016