From: Kurt Seifried [mailto:kseifried@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 2:06 PM
To: David A. Wheeler <dwheeler@dwheeler.com>; cve-editorial-board-list
<cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Cc: oss-security <oss-security@lists.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: [oss-security] Concerns about CVE coverage shrinking -
direct impact to researchers/companies

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 12:04 PM, David A. Wheeler
<dwheeler@dwheeler.com>
wrote:

> All - I've chatted with some of the people who fund the CVE work at
> MITRE.
> I've learned that CVEs *are* being issued, but obviously that is
> happening
> too slowly.
>
> They're having a meeting tomorrow (March 10) to try to figure out what
> the problems are and how to fix it.  I don't know what they'll do.
> However, I'm hopeful that  this will mean that the CVE work will get
> back on track soon.
>
> --- David A. Wheeler

This is literally the first I'm hearing of this, will any board members
be
present?

PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993
Red Hat Product Security contact: secalert@redhat.com

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: March 09, 2016