From: <Landfield>, Kent Landfield <Kent_Landfield@McAfee.com>
Date: Friday, April 19, 2013 11:42 AM
To: "cve-editorial-board-list@LISTS.MITRE.ORG" <cve-editorial-board-list@LISTS.MITRE.ORG>
Subject: Re: CVE ID Syntax Vote - results and next steps

Can we have a quick poll on the combined set of existing options and the ones Art has listed below?  I'd think a re-whittling of the choices may get us to a better place to conduct a vote.
  • Do you desire a static length of the CVE Ids? --Yes — No
  • If so, what length do you feel would be acceptable to you?-- 6 — 7 — 12 — More? -- Something else?
Here are options that combines what Art listed as well as the original two options. The original Option C has been dropped from this poll as a result of the initial vote.

 OPTION A: Year + 6 digits, with leading 0's

OPTION B: Year + arbitrary digits, no leading 0's except IDs 1 to 999

OPTION D: Year+ 7 digits with leading 0's

OPTION E: Year + 12 digits with no leading zeros.

OPTION F: Year + 12 digits with no leading zeros, starting at 1000 for each year.

OPTION G: Year + Infinite digits with no leading zeros, starting at 1000 for each year.

Just want to take a pulse as to where we are…

Kent Landfield

McAfee | An Intel Company
Direct: +1.972.963.7096
Mobile: +1.817.637.8026