voting response

VOTING BALLOT

FIRST CHOICE: option A

REASONS (first choice):

We think this is the best choice because we don't want to confuse our consumers with a significantly different numbering scheme.

Secondly, the fix length identifiers still work.  At some point we might need more but that would be years away.

SECOND CHOICE: Option C

REASONS (second choice):

We like the check digit from a technical perspective but it adds confusion to the numbering scheme that others may not understand.

Again, we need to keep this numbering as simple as possible.    So, we like the fixed length but not the check digit.

LAST CHOICE: Option B

REASONS (last choice):

The variable length is our last choice because we think it adds complexity to the implementation.   And, we're not really sure that adding an unlimited number of numbers really helps the project.

Scott

Scott A. Lawler, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP
CEO
Lightspeed-Produce, Protect, Perform (L-P3)
scott.lawler@L-P3.com
703-509-9330
pager 703-397-1919
http://www.L-P3.com

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 03, 2014