From: owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org [mailto:owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org] On Behalf Of Mark J Cox
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:31 AM
To: 'Christey, Steven M.'
Cc: 'cve-editorial-board-list (cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org)'
Subject: RE: CVE ID Syntax Change and Options

We've written most of our tools to handle CVE-\d+-\d+ already, so "extra
digits" is our preferred option, and out of those a preference would be a
fixed number of digits with leading 0s to reduce c&p errors.

Thanks, Mark
--
Mark J Cox / Senior Director, Security Engineering, Red Hat

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: January 14, 2013