RE: The CVE-10K Problem

I tend to agree with most of the comments about preferring solution 4.
I think Pascal's suggestion of moving to 6 digits, rather than 5 is a
good idea.  As far as the sorting problem goes, if a change in the
naming schema is made, it could add leading zeros to older four number
identifiers to keep the sorting correct.  I think that if enough notice
is given ahead of time, as with the Candidate identifier issue, that it
should be of minimum impact.

Dave B.

 David W. Baker                                    bakerd@mitre.org
 Lead Information Systems Engineer
 G122 - Information Analysis and Engineering       (703) 983-3658
 The MITRE Corporation                             (703) 983-5864 (F)
 Mailstop T730                                     (877) 682-0632 (P)
 7515 Colshire Drive                               McLean, VA, 22102