From: Frech, Andre (ISSAtlanta) [mailto:AFrech@ISS.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 10:46 AM
To: 'Steven M. Christey'; cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org
Subject: RE: CyberCrime Treaty Statement - draft text

Steve and Stuart,

Excellent work. I appreciate your efforts in developing this draft.

One suggestion: has anyone considered how Article 6 could impact the *sales*
of programs that contain exploit code? I know that we don't think a lot
about Marketing issues (sorry about the double meaning :-) ), but this issue
should be important to one or more of us on the board.

I've placed a few comments in Steve's markup below to indicate areas where
we could insert something about the sale of programs that contain exploit
code. It'd be great if with minimal effort we could include the fiscal
activities that make most of our research possible.

Thanks for listening.

Andre Frech  | afrech@iss.net | 678-443-6241
Internet Security Systems, Inc.