Re: Cybercrime treaty

Russ,

	Please note that this is treaty language, which will be used
to justify the creation of local laws.  I'd like to suggest that the
least the board should do is to work to ensure that the language
unambiguously supports your interpretation, not the more pessimistic
reading which I give the treaty.  That wil lead to fewer bad laws
being created.

	I personally believe that such language is counter-productive
however well its worded, because it will tend to chill speech, and
drive communication underground.  If a tool is created without rights
(a la your amazon attack tool), I still want to be able to see it and
discuss any new techniques or trends which it demonstrates.  The good
guys are already at enough of a disadvantage, we don't need to see the
underground driven back to silence by fear.

Adam

					               -Hume