Re: [CVEPRI] March 9-10 Editorial Board Meeting Summary

At 09:09 AM 3/14/00 , Pascal Meunier wrote:
>>The Board also reviewed CD:EX-BETA.  Attendees agreed that CVE should
>>include problems in beta software, provided that the beta code was
>>intended for public dissemination.
>
>I missed that part.  I would like to know why people think that bugs
>in admittedly buggy, pre-release, short-lived software run by a few
>people (on hopefully sandboxed or somehow protected or unimportant
>systems) should be of concern to the CVE.

Unfortunately, the definition of "beta" that you used is not the one used
by most vendors any more (except the buggy part).   Most vendors now
release traditionally-alpha code onto the net or in other widespread
release and lots of people adopt it.  Mozilla and Windows 2000 are examples
of long-lived, widesprad releases of "beta" code.

--spaf