CVE Review Meeting Agenda - Teleconference for non-attendees

Below is the agenda for this week's CVE Review meeting, subject to
change.  On Thursday, we will cover content decisions (especially
controversial ones).  On Friday, we will begin the dialog on the
operations and structure of the Editorial Board.

For those who can't make it, we will have a capability for you to
teleconference during the meeting.  Let Dave or me know if you plan to
do this, so we can make sure we have sufficient resources.

After the meeting, we will write up a summary and present it to the
entire Board for review.

Thursday, August 12
9 AM - 5 PM

CVE Goal Review (9-9:30 AM)
  - CVE Definition
  - Role of vulnerability definition

Content Decision Introduction (9:30-10 AM)
  - Types of Content Decisions
    - pervasive
    - category-specific
    - important
    - stable

Vulnerability Definition (10-11 AM)
  - Problem statement
  - Motivating examples
  - Proposed solution and implementation

Levels of Abstraction (11 AM - 12 PM)
  - Problem statement
  - Motivating examples
  - Proposed solution and implementation

Lunch (12 PM - 1:30 PM)
  - Steve Christey reviews vendor mapping with Mike Prosser (L-3)

High Cardinality (1:30 PM - 2:30 PM)
  - Problem statement
  - Motivating examples
  - Proposed solution and implementation

Stable Content Decisions (2-3 PM)
  - Individual decisions
  - Voting process

Break (3-3:30 PM)

CVE Interoperability Demo (3:30-5 PM)
  - Vision
  - Brainstorming
  - Collaboration

Vendor mapping review with Andre Frech (ISS) after 5 PM

Friday, August 13
9 AM - 3 PM

Editorial Board Structure and Operations (9 AM - 12 PM)
  - Roles and Responsibilities
  - Membership
  - Removal
  - Size
  - Meetings
  - Voting
  - Affiliation
  - Editorial Board representation

Lunch with MITRE upper management (12-1 PM)

MITRE's Role on the Board (1-1:30 PM)
  - MITRE commitment
  - CVE ownership/copyright
  - Leadership