Remaining 200 Candidates to be proposed in next 7 days

All:

To keep to MITRE's previously stated schedule of proposing all
remaining candidate clusters by August 1, I will need to propose about
200 more candidates over the next week.  I will re-think the remaining
clusters in light of recent discussions, and try to reorganize them so
that they more effectively illustrate the remaining content decisions
for the draft CVE.  Once we have all content decisions proposed and in
active discussion, we can use the first few weeks of August to try to
achieve closure on those content decisions.  I expect the CVE Review
meetings to help us achieve resolution on many of these issues.

Almost all of the active candidates are affected by some content
decision that is still being debated.  Thus they are prevented from
moving to Modification or later phases.  Editorial Board members who
have voted on some candidates, may wish to change their vote if a
content decision forces a RECAST.  (Note that the only real content
decision that has been made so far, i.e. Same Codebase, is also
affected by the dot notation proposal, which in my opinion has not yet
received sufficient discussion to make a decision.)  Given that most
active candidates are awaiting the resolution of content decision
issues, I will propose a number of candidate clusters during all of
next week, and delay moving active candidates into later phases.

As content decisions stabilize, they will allow me to move large
numbers of candidates to later phases.  Thus I expect to make most of
the Final Decisions in the last few weeks of August.

Below is a summary of the status of all candidates that have been
proposed so far, along with Board members' votes on active candidates.

Voters:
  Wall ACCEPT(49) MODIFY(6) NOOP(36) REVIEWING(1)
  Shostack ACCEPT(75) MODIFY(19) NOOP(25) RECAST(1) REJECT(3) REVIEWING(2)
  Landfield ACCEPT(9)
  Baker ACCEPT(14)
  Meunier ACCEPT(22) MODIFY(2) NOOP(2) RECAST(1)
  Frech ACCEPT(14) MODIFY(17) RECAST(1) REVIEWING(2)
  Hill ACCEPT(119) NOOP(1)
  Christey MODIFY(2) RECAST(1) REVIEWING(3)
  Northcutt ACCEPT(164) MODIFY(6) NOOP(27) RECAST(4) REJECT(6) REVIEWING(1)
  Prosser ACCEPT(3) MODIFY(9)

Phase breakdown:
  <PROPOSED> --> 356
  <MODIFIED> --> 9
  <INTERIM> --> 2
  <FINAL> --> 93

Voting status of candidates (i.e., the "worst" vote cast):
  NOVOTE --> 154
  ACCEPT --> 217
  MODIFY --> 43
  NOOP --> 22