Re: Dot Notation Proposal WAS: Exploding CVE entries

Sounds fine to me, although the notation could be lighter, i.e., it could
be understood that if a CVE entry has a list at the end like:

1. Digital Unix 3.0x, 3.2x, 4.0, 4.0a and products based on these
2. FreeBSD v prior to 2.1.6
3. HPUX 9.x, 10.00-10.20,
4. AIX 3.2, 4.1, 4.2

then referring to CVE-1999-0128.3  means the vulnerability instance of
CVE-1999-0128 in
HPUX 9.x, 10.00-10.20.

Pascal