From: <owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org> on behalf of "Coffin, Chris" <ccoffin@mitre.org>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 10:13
To: "Williams, Ken" <Ken.Williams@ca.com>, Kurt Seifried <kseifried@redhat.com>
Cc: cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: RE: CVE/CNA coverage

Kurt,

It’s not clear to me whether Oracle would consider this within their scope. FYI… a quick search doesn’t find any previous CVEs for GlassFish Open Server. I think the safest thing to do is to redirect them to Oracle. In the meantime, we will also send a note to Oracle about the issue. We will also ask the question as to whether all “Sponsored” products should be considered within the scope of Oracle, or if there would be exceptions. If there are exceptions then I would agree, we need to push for lists that provide CNA scope information or all CNAs.

Should we consider this a discussion point for becoming a CNA Rule? For example, a rule that states a CNA must provide a page on their web site which lists the products for which they accept vulnerability reports.

Chris