From: <owner-cve-announce-list@lists.mitre.org> on behalf of "Sain, Joe" <jas@mitre.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 5:33 PM
To: cve-announce-list Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures/CVE Annou <cve-announce-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: Method to Request CVE IDs from MITRE Changing Soon

Welcome to the latest issue of the CVE-Announce e-newsletter. This email newsletter is designed to bring recent news about Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), such as new compatible products, new website features, CVE in the news, etc. right to your email box. CVE is the standard for cyber security vulnerability names. The CVE Board provides oversight and input into CVE’s strategic direction, ensuring CVE meets the vulnerability identification needs of the technology community. CVE Numbering Authorities (CNAs) are major OS vendors, security researchers, and research organizations that assign CVE Identifiers (IDs) to newly discovered issues without directly involving MITRE in the details of the specific vulnerabilities, and include the CVE IDs in the first public disclosure of the vulnerabilities. Details on subscribing (and unsubscribing) to the email newsletter are at the end. Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to interested colleagues.

Comments: cve@mitre.org

CVE-Announce e-newsletter/August 23, 2016

Contents:

1. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Method to Request CVE IDs from MITRE Changing Soon

2. Details/Credits + Subscribing and Unsubscribing

FEATURE STORY:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Method to Request CVE IDs from MITRE Changing Soon

The method to request CVE IDs from MITRE will change on August 29, 2016. Using the new method, CVE ID requestors will complete a “CVE Request” web form when requesting a CVE ID from MITRE. The previous practice of submitting requests via email will be discontinued.

The new web form will make it easier for requestors to know what information to include in their initial request, and will enhance MITRE's ability to respond to those requests in a timely manner. User instructions will be available on the website and on the form itself. Upon completion of the form, the requestor will receive a confirmation message that the request was received and a reference number.

Please send any comments or concerns to cve@mitre.org.

LINKS:

Request a CVE ID -

https://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html