RE: request: removal of Alan Paller from the CEB (fwd)

Alan,

Thank you for your vision and advocacy for CVE throughout the years.
From its founding in 1999, CVE has grown to become the de facto
standard for security vulnerability identification and your leadership
in promoting CVE in the community has been vital in its adoption.

We will remove you from the CVE Board list and from related e-mail
lists as you have requested.

Thanks again for your service,
Meghan E. Manley
Homeland Security Systems Engineering and
Development Institute (HS SEDI)
703-983-4278 (office)
703-674-7081 (cell)
mmanley@mitre.org
_______________________________
MITRE

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org
[mailto:owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org] On Behalf Of
Paller, Alan
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:23 AM
To: jericho <jericho@attrition.org>
Cc: cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: request: removal of Alan Paller from the CEB (fwd)

Please do take me off the list. I have not kept up the level of
expertise to be substantively helpful.

But Brian, I think that because I was the convener for the origination
of the project, the MITRE folks are probably just being kind rather
than careless.

The work you are like doing is important, and I'm sorry I've been a
distraction.

Alan

Alan Paller
Director of Research, SANS

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 23, 2016, at 12:52 AM, jericho <jericho@attrition.org> wrote:
>
> This has gone unanswered since April 22. No reply to me personally,
> no action on list.
>
> This is a *no-brainer* decision here. MITRE refuses to address this.
> It is very easy to read into this that MITRE doesn't really see the
> board as a body that matters, something I have brought up more than
> once in private. If you can't staff your Kangaroo court properly, it
> is very telling.
>
> Brian

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: August 23, 2016