CVE notes

Hi SpaceRouge,  Weld,

	The CVE item in today's Hackernews a misconception that I'd
like to clear up.  The CVE is not a database -- it says this on the
homepage.  The best term that I see for it is a concordance; we want
to allow people to cross-refrence data more easily.  So, it would make
no sense for a company that wants to keep data secret to add it to the
CVE until its ready for announcement; the point of the CVE is to help
correlate available information.

Adam

--
      Tired of co-workers slowing you down?  Leave them behind.
		    http://jobs.zeroknowledge.com